Cacao powder is considered a “super-food” because it’ loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that your body needs, including calcium, iron, and magnesium.
For the crust:
3. 1/3 cup melted coconut oil plus extra for greasing
6. For decoration (optional) almond flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Grease 9-inch pan with extra coconut oil.
3. To make the crust, place the almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut oil, molasses and maple syrup in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
4. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and evenly press the dough onto bottom and up sides of the pan.
Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 15- 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
6. To make the filling, place all the ingredient in a sauce pan and heat over low heat and stir until combined.
7.Transfer the mixture into a blender and blend 2-3 minutes on high.
8. Pour the filing into the cooled crust and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours.
9. Decorate with almond flakes (if using), slice and serve